Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New complete rear upright bushings kit from SPLparts

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • New complete rear upright bushings kit from SPLparts

    Just thought I'd share this find while browsing the site:



    400$ for complete s13 kit

    549$ for complete z32 kit

    149$ for z32 shock mount only
    "hexa-dodecahedron-triple-threaded-super-eleventy-way-adjustment-spec" dampers. -Def

  • #2
    They've had those for YEARS...
    function > form
    1990 240sx fastback: IN PROGRESS

    Comment


    • #3
      Kuah must be feeling the heat from the Def/Skullworks group buys. That's his fault for charging $150 a pair on those other bearings he carries. I never understood how he stayed afloat with the pricing on a lot of his parts. The elitist 240SX tax seems to do the trick though. Same thing with all the BMW aftermarket companies. Charge enough and people think they're getting more for their dollar, when really the vendor is just getting more of their dollars.
      ~1992 240SX, SR20/Koni track day car
      ~2016 M3, daily driver

      Comment


      • #4
        ^I agree

        racepar1: no they didnt have it as a complete kit and not at this price. It was something ridiculous like 150 per one or something like that before...
        "hexa-dodecahedron-triple-threaded-super-eleventy-way-adjustment-spec" dampers. -Def

        Comment


        • #5
          So these bearings are listed under S13 and Z32, and the old expensive ones are listed under S14. I think the shock mount bearing is a new thing completely. So...total knockoff? Just prompted by seeing the success of these GBs? Questionable.

          Let's see if 86xx housings appear on his site, lol.
          ~1992 240SX, SR20/Koni track day car
          ~2016 M3, daily driver

          Comment


          • #6
            Kuah's been working on that stuff for quite a while actually. he spends a good amount of time building new things and putting them on a select few customer cars and beating on them on the street and track for a while before ever listing them for sale... Just some food for thought.
            Originally posted by SoSideways
            I don't care what color they are as long as they are LONG AND HARD.
            '04 G35 Sedan 6MT- The DD
            '96 240SX- The Track Toy

            Comment


            • #7
              I gotta tell you, I'm an SPL fan. I mean a big enough fan where someone would expect to have their logo tattooed on me.

              Comment


              • #8
                ^ROTFLMAO, yeah Kuah is a nice guy from the dealings I've had thus far Great service.

                The one thing I would love to see him do is make driftworks style hubs front and rear same drop maybe better geometry if he knows more of what he's doing than just copying the tech sp one sas driftworks pretty much did (not necessarily bad thing but you know what i mean)... and... if they were fully spherical bearings no polyurethane junk... and if they had option for z32 shock mount And it would be nice if it was priced competitively (cheaper). That would rock my socks.
                "hexa-dodecahedron-triple-threaded-super-eleventy-way-adjustment-spec" dampers. -Def

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by turtl631 View Post
                  I never understood how he stayed afloat with the pricing on a lot of his parts. The elitist 240SX tax seems to do the trick though. Same thing with all the BMW aftermarket companies. Charge enough and people think they're getting more for their dollar, when really the vendor is just getting more of their dollars.
                  Mostly because he makes some of the highest quality parts and has the best customer service bar-none. I wouldn't bash SPL IF you've never had any dealings with them. You're paying for more than just the part when you buy their stuff and its almost always worth the price.

                  I will say that yes the LCA's and bearings where highly priced though.

                  Also what about supply and demand? Def's bushings are cheaper because he does group buys so it brings the cost way down because he makes a limited run and has 90% of them sold by the time they are made. SPL does not do group buys so when they make parts they could sit on the shelf for over a year untill some one needs it which tends to drive the price up especially if made in smaller quanities. Also up untill Def started make them, SPL was the only place to easily get sperical bushings so they set the market price. Now there is competition so he's brought the price down to better match.
                  Last edited by Longfellow; 02-25-2010, 10:01 AM.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Kuah offered to swap out my few month old ruca for a minor updated design for free. I just had to pay shipping of my old arms to him.

                    I was away on travel and didn't send back my arms for nearly a month, while the new set sat at home for a month.

                    Man doesn't miss a beat.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Seriously.

                      All businesses should be required to take a semester long lesson on customer service taught by Kuah himself.
                      http://sosideways.wordpress.com/

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by SoSideways View Post
                        Seriously.

                        All businesses should be required to take a semester long lesson on customer service taught by Kuah himself.

                        To be honest if you own your own business and don't know this from the get go, you shouldn't be in business.

                        Sadly I believe 90% of most business owners/managers don't realize this. No wonder so many small businesses fail within' their first year.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Bumnah View Post
                          To be honest if you own your own business and don't know this from the get go, you shouldn't be in business.

                          Sadly I believe 90% of most business owners/managers don't realize this. No wonder so many small businesses fail within' their first year.
                          So then if they all took lessons from Kuah, then it would be a two fold success story:

                          1) customers are happy with their experience and will be repeat customers
                          2) because of that, small businesses stay in business and the American economy digs itself out from the hole it created in the past years

                          So really, that's WIN WIN... we need to push this motion forward Bumnah!!!
                          http://sosideways.wordpress.com/

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by a_ahmed View Post
                            ^ROTFLMAO, yeah Kuah is a nice guy from the dealings I've had thus far Great service.

                            The one thing I would love to see him do is make driftworks style hubs front and rear same drop maybe better geometry if he knows more of what he's doing than just copying the tech sp one sas driftworks pretty much did (not necessarily bad thing but you know what i mean)... and... if they were fully spherical bearings no polyurethane junk... and if they had option for z32 shock mount And it would be nice if it was priced competitively (cheaper). That would rock my socks.

                            While I share your enthusiasm to some degree. There is such a thing as over modifying.

                            There isn't much of a market for custom hubs, most people don't care if the geometry isn't perfect. Driving a car with full bearings isn't fun on the street in anyway either.

                            Let's say someone does all these modification and the suspension is awesome, and properly dialed in; it's all bolted to a flimsy early 90s Nissan.

                            Investing all this time and money into an old chassis, you'd be better of buying a car designed for the task you're building the current car for.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              well you're right but not alot of us can buy a brand new m3 that costs 80,000-100,000 (well at least here it does). In either case I can't even afford a 20-30k car and am stuck with a winter beater and my 240 summer project car.

                              So we start cheap and we work our way up. Everyone has diff goals my goal has been always one car project, all out. That's what I'm doing.

                              Sure alot of people dont know or dont care about perfected geometry but if it were made competitivelypriced and people realized its' benefit surely there would be a market for it. If people can dump 1000-2000 on junk coilovers left and right surely they can afford these spindles which do alot more for them.
                              "hexa-dodecahedron-triple-threaded-super-eleventy-way-adjustment-spec" dampers. -Def

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X