Searching for a LSD with a 3.54 or 3.6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Searching for a LSD with a 3.54 or 3.6

Looking for a LSD for my 240 with an LS. Looking for a 3.54 or a 3.6 gear if possible. I currently have a couple of welded and a vlsd but all in much shorter gears. This is going into a NASA ST2 car.
    91' S13 Endurance Racecar
    Sponsored by Pallets and Crates LLC Gainesville Ga
    04' Chevrolet 3500 Tow Vehicle, 02' Dodge Ram 1500 Truck, 87' Toyota 4 Runner "Top Less",
    15' Toyota 4Runner, 07' Honda Fit

email [email protected] and see what he has. He typically has gearsets.

I've gotten a 3.69 off an s15 from him and just got a 3.9 from him. He always has the corresponding shims and ring gear bolts as well.

With that said, the taller final drive gears are made from larger stock than the shorter ones. At least the 3.69 I got was. The pinion cone size was bigger and taller and the ring gear was thicker on my 3.69 vs the stock 4.08. The pinion bearings were also larger and had to be swapped. So even with the shims he provided the gear mesh was way off.

The thick ring gear spacer has to go on the opposite side and It took lots of trial and error to setup the pinion height correctly. I ended up grinding down my own pinion height shim once I found the happy place. It was maybe 1mm thick vs in the 4-5mm range of the height shim it came with. Just a heads up.
    Core4 Motorsports
    CLICK HERE for Wilwood FSL6R Radial Bracket & Rear Wilwood BBK GROUP BUY
    S14 VQ AER Endurance Racing Team

Comment

where are you located? i have a 3.69 are you looking for a complete diff assembly or just the gear set?

Comment

I found a complete diff with a s15 helical and a 3.69 out of Missouri. I purchased it for $750. I thought that was not a horrible price. killer2001 has a 3.69 on eBay for 300. But I am not very experienced setting up diff. I would have had to pay some one to set up.

I do have another helical andaa 3.54 i believe that I need setup if there is anybody in the Atlanta area that y'all can recommend. I tried to do it my self but I know the backlash is not correct. I would love to get it ready for this season also and let this girl stretch her legs.
        91' S13 Endurance Racecar
        Sponsored by Pallets and Crates LLC Gainesville Ga
        04' Chevrolet 3500 Tow Vehicle, 02' Dodge Ram 1500 Truck, 87' Toyota 4 Runner "Top Less",
        15' Toyota 4Runner, 07' Honda Fit

Comment

Working...
        X