Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diff Bushings

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Energ...item19b71264cb

I just ordered these, so I figured I'd spread the word. They're alot cheaper than all the other units and will work just as well as anything else.

I just purchased a set myself. Super easy to install, just make sure you don't mistakenly toss out any of the OE hardware, as you'll need the rear cups for the back, as well as the metal washers for the front.

And, it probably goes without saying, but this will work on Z32/S14 only (and q45 cars)
    'Slicks on a car show me you care - broken axles show me you're trying'
    [I]Nitrous Rental Cars - Turbo Festivas - Vehicular Lunacy[/I]
    [SIZE="3"][B][url]www.sloppymechanics.com[/url][/B][/SIZE]

Comment

Yep that's what I have. They're listed by ES as z32 diff bushings.

Comment

You might be able to get a local fab shop to make two rear diff bushings for not much more than that. I made a set on my mini lathe and it didn't take that long. A bigger lathe could turn out a pair in maybe 30-45 mins, maybe less.
        '18 Chevrolet Volt - Electric fun hatch for DD duty!

DefSport Koni Sleeve and Spring Perch Buy!!!
        http://www.nissanroadracing.com/showthread.php?t=5902

Comment

It would certainly be hard to get a non 'common' machine shop to rip out them for 30 bucks...considering it's gonna take at least that much in 'time/setup' costs. Gotta remember when you say things like that, that not everyone has the ability to make friends with the local machineist

i've long debated a mini lathe..hmmmm...maybe summertime

Comment

If there's a need I can make some
            I am SKULLWORKS

Comment

I can make some too, just dont want to spend the time, I have alot of other things I have to do to the subframe in one day. My S14 is my only car so down time isnt really an option.

40$ isnt exactly going to break the bank either.

Comment

Does the diff need to be dropped for the bushings to be able to come out, or can you get them out by doing one at a time?

Comment

you likely need to drop the subframe too. The 2 rear diff bushings are pressed in the subframe. The 2 front ones are just on the diff; you can use a mallet to tap out.

Comment

Originally posted by roel03 View Post
                    Does the diff need to be dropped for the bushings to be able to come out, or can you get them out by doing one at a time?
                    You could probably get the front two done and leave the rear sloppy bushings in place, and then go ahead and do the rear.

But why not just take it out? It's only 30-40 lbs at most.

Comment

40lb for a diff? you must be on roids or something!
                      try doubling that.
                      Originally posted by SoSideways
                      I don't care what color they are as long as they are LONG AND HARD.
                      '04 G35 Sedan 6MT- The DD
                      '96 240SX- The Track Toy

Comment

lol yea 70 lbs for the pumpkin, 30 or so for the subframe

Comment

Originally posted by Matt93SE View Post
                          40lb for a diff? you must be on roids or something!
                          try doubling that.
                          Haha, yea probably true. We work on big rigs all day, so sometimes I forget the weight of stuff.

And on roids...haha, if my newly formed beer gut could only talk. Damn I need to start playing raquetball more often....yeesh!

Originally posted by hai1206vn View Post
                          lol yea 70 lbs for the pumpkin, 30 or so for the subframe
                          A good floor jack can pull down both with ease...but you only need to pull the diff out, which you can also use a floor jack with.

Comment

Originally posted by CodyAce View Post
                            It would certainly be hard to get a non 'common' machine shop to rip out them for 30 bucks...considering it's gonna take at least that much in 'time/setup' costs. Gotta remember when you say things like that, that not everyone has the ability to make friends with the local machineist

i've long debated a mini lathe..hmmmm...maybe summertime
                            There's all kinds of little local machine/fab shops with a manual lathe that could whip those bushings out in no time. It's not totally uncommon to find a local guy willing to forgo a setup fee, especially if you do a little legwork ahead of time and do a little of the legwork for them(like get some dimensions, maybe walk up with the stock).
                            '18 Chevrolet Volt - Electric fun hatch for DD duty!

DefSport Koni Sleeve and Spring Perch Buy!!!
                            http://www.nissanroadracing.com/showthread.php?t=5902

Comment

They have been around a while dan, I figured people knew about them

Little cheaper from jegs though:

http://www.jegs.com/i/Energy+Suspens...1118R/10002/-1

Comment

Working...
                              X