s14/s15 subframe into s13 swaybar question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• s14/s15 subframe into s13 swaybar question

meh im not doing it yet but i was wondering... before i go and run to buy a rear swaybar as i planned.... i know two peeps on here did this... how did the swaybar issue go?

Did you end up using an s14 rear swaybar/endlinks.... or did the s13 rear swaybar fit?
    "hexa-dodecahedron-triple-threaded-super-eleventy-way-adjustment-spec" dampers. -Def

Pretty sure the S14 stuff would work, seeing as most parts are listed for either S13 or S14/S15.
    http://sosideways.wordpress.com/

Comment

ya i just wana make sure so i dun waste money getting s13 endlinks/swaybar and then when doing the s14/s15 subframe conversion being screwed over needing s14 endlinks/swaybar lol....
      "hexa-dodecahedron-triple-threaded-super-eleventy-way-adjustment-spec" dampers. -Def

Comment

I roughly held up my stock S13 bar to the S14 rear subframe and it seemed like it'd work, but I wouldn't take that as a guarantee as I never fully bolted it up.

The mounts are on the subframe though, so I'd just get the bar meant for that chassis specific subframe(i.e. S14 subframe gets an S14 bar etc.).
        '18 Chevrolet Volt - Electric fun hatch for DD duty!

DefSport Koni Sleeve and Spring Perch Buy!!!
        http://www.nissanroadracing.com/showthread.php?t=5902

Comment

ya i figure as much just i want some clarification as i know there was two ppl on here who did the s14 to s13 subframe conversion.... i forget who it was... they made a thread on freshalloy i think...

Comment

i'd like to get some confirmation as well because i considered the swap to an S14 subframe on my S13 but didn't want to lose the usage of my current progress swaybar

Comment

Well, the only oddity that I have ever heard of, was on my friend Philip's car (gunluvs14 on FA if you guys know him), he was able to put on the HICAS S13 bar on his S14, and said he didn't have any problems.

I don't know, maybe it'll work, but the endlinks might not be perpenticular [shrug]
              http://sosideways.wordpress.com/

Comment

http://forums.freshalloy.com/showthread.php?t=185079

So it's DJSilver.... i guess he can chime in if he sees this, can't respond to that thread its locked lol

Comment

I did the conversion to my last car. I ran it with a stock S13 swaybar with stock endlinks. There's a slight misalignment becuase the S14 setup is 5mm wider per side, but it didn't seem to have any problems.
                  She's built like a Steakhouse, but she handles like a Bistro.

Comment

shouldnt be much of aprob then with heim endlinks i take it

Comment

I don't think you'll have a problem, especially with the adjustments built into them.
                      She's built like a Steakhouse, but she handles like a Bistro.

Comment

but if i decide to buy a bigger rear swaybar, shouldn't I go ahead and get an s14 rear swaybar/ mounts/ endlinks, since I'll have an s14 rear subframe on my s13?
                        1990 240sx - Aristo 2JZGTE, R154, GT37, Defsport Wilwood kit, KTS coilovers - daily driver
                        1991 civic si - B18C5 / toda / ATS / hytech - autox
                        2001 integra type R - Greddy td05-18g - garage queen

Comment

apparently not... i dun know how or why... but thats what ive been told... i made a thread about this a while back... and if you get heim endlinks then no problem either... which is what im going to do

Comment

The S14 rear bar is hollow, so I'd go with that if you can find one for a decent price. It'll provide stiffness just a hair above a stock 15mm S13 bar.
                            '18 Chevrolet Volt - Electric fun hatch for DD duty!

DefSport Koni Sleeve and Spring Perch Buy!!!
                            http://www.nissanroadracing.com/showthread.php?t=5902

Comment

S-13 and S-14 rear swaybars are interchangeable. You will have no problems with swaybars at all...
                              function > form
                              1990 240sx fastback: IN PROGRESS

Comment

Working...
                              X