Z32 Inners w/ ??? Outters?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Z32 Inners w/ ??? Outters?

So I know the Z32 Inner Tie-Rods work but will the outters also? Or am I stuck w/ SPL's?

Think you're stuck with SPLs - much longer length than OEM outers.
    '18 Chevrolet Volt - Electric fun hatch for DD duty!

DefSport Koni Sleeve and Spring Perch Buy!!!
    http://www.nissanroadracing.com/showthread.php?t=5902

Comment

Why 'stuck w/ SPL'? What's wrong with them.
      I've been very pleased with the sets I've owned.
      1995 Fouki S14 - re-energized ka-t project!
      1999 F150 - gas guzzler parts getter
      1989 Toyota Pickup - mandatory Pomona abandoned-in-driveway vehicle
      2012 Mazda 3 Skyactive hatch - "The only 40mpg econobox worth driving"

Comment

They're expensive.

Comment

Thats why I just went with Tein tie rods and didn't use the steering spacers. Though I will end up buying SPL outers for bumpsteer adjustment eventually.

http://www.phase2motortrend.com/teins1hartie.html
          Cory B.

"Driving a race car as fast as possible is all about maintaining the highest possible acceleration level in the appropriate direction."
          http://www.youtube.com/user/nissanfanatic240

Comment

I agree, nothing wrong w/ the SPL's I would love to own a set, just can't afford them right now.

So I've decided to go w/ S13 Inner's and Outter's w/ PBM 7mm Spacers (6mm is what Tein, CS,etc. offer)

OEM, Cheap, and they have More threads than the S14's to compensate the use f a spacer...

Comment

Just wanted to add that you specifically can NOT use Z32 outers. Taper angle is the same, but taper diameter is different. Basically you only get about 3-4mm of engagement into the spindle.
              She's built like a Steakhouse, but she handles like a Bistro.

Comment

Originally posted by Epstein View Post
                Just wanted to add that you specifically can NOT use Z32 outers. Taper angle is the same, but taper diameter is different. Basically you only get about 3-4mm of engagement into the spindle.
                They will work if you re-size the taper with a taper reamer.
                I bought mine from XKUT, pn#5902
                The Z32 outers look stock and actually correct some of the bump steer you get from lowering the car.
                www.trivalleyautomotive.com

Comment

Originally posted by clutchguy View Post
                  They will work if you re-size the taper with a taper reamer.
                  I bought mine from XKUT, pn#5902
                  The Z32 outers look stock and actually correct some of the bump steer you get from lowering the car.
                  At that point why not just go SPL and dial in the bumpsteer exactly?

I never had good luck disassembling rubber boost tie rods after they got hot a few times from track days. Boot would always tear up and then I was stuck having to buy new OEM outers which got a bit expensive if I ever had to take the tie rods out.
                  '18 Chevrolet Volt - Electric fun hatch for DD duty!

DefSport Koni Sleeve and Spring Perch Buy!!!
                  http://www.nissanroadracing.com/showthread.php?t=5902

Comment

Originally posted by Def View Post
                    At that point why not just go SPL and dial in the bumpsteer exactly?

I never had good luck disassembling rubber boost tie rods after they got hot a few times from track days. Boot would always tear up and then I was stuck having to buy new OEM outers which got a bit expensive if I ever had to take the tie rods out.
                    Because they look stock.
                    I've never had a problem with one good whack on the spindle. But I rarely take them apart.
                    www.trivalleyautomotive.com

Comment

Working...
                    X