turbo T3 with manifold top mount hit brake pump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• turbo T3 with manifold top mount hit brake pump

my manifold megan racing top mount with turbonetics t3 Hit with my brake pump how can i fix it?

Last edited by pash; 08-23-2009, 09:46 PM.

get a different turbo/manifold....check dimensions of another BMC and maybe you ill have some clearance. Also dont forget when the engine torques, itll hit the BMC even if there is a small gap. good luck.
    NASA HPDE Instructor

Comment

If you want to keep that turbo, then use an aftermarket (tilton, Wilwood, etc) brake MC and remove the booster.. go to a race type setup for the brakes and you can move all that stuff back a foot or so. Many/most race cars mount the brake stuff under the dash just to keep it out of the engine bay. that would give you tons of room, but I'm not sure if you're willing to put that much work into it.

Or you could go with a different turbo...
      or you could add another T3 flange (or three) under the turbo to space it up. that might create some fun with hood clearance and downpipes and whatnot though..

Or.. you could go the cheap way (not sure if it would work long term or not) unbolt the brake MC and add a couple washers on the right bolt between the MC and the booster to cause it to sit at an angle once bolted back down.
      I'm not sure if that would work long term though since you have funky angles and whatnot pushing on the booster and MC... it might work, it might fail spectacularly. just an idea.
      Last edited by Matt93SE; 08-24-2009, 09:45 AM.
      Originally posted by SoSideways
      I don't care what color they are as long as they are LONG AND HARD.
      '04 G35 Sedan 6MT- The DD
      '96 240SX- The Track Toy

Comment

Not sure if this applies but from what I remember the booster on an automatic equipped car is larger than the booster on a 5 speed. Or is it the other way around? I don't remember but it may be something to look into.
        Jim Schumacher
        My 240

Comment

Yes the auto ones were bigger.

I'm going to have to vote for a diff. Mani.

Comment

what is the cheper option?
            jeje y will try with some mnm like a gasket off 1inch if i can create some space? if not i will modificate my manifold
            tenks
            everybody here are real tuners

Comment

i have a 5 speed booster on mine and it is definitely smaller. i had that same manifold and with the turbo i had it cleared but not by a lot. maybe an inch or 2. i also had new motor mounts so that the engine was sitting correctly. try the booster if you can get your hands on one

Comment

[img=http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/370/flange.jpg]

Comment

I made a flange but i cant post it in my photobucket becose the word **** is blocket (chit with S) and my name is pasha****o jajaja

Comment

Good work! how's the hood clearance and whatnot?
                    Originally posted by SoSideways
                    I don't care what color they are as long as they are LONG AND HARD.
                    '04 G35 Sedan 6MT- The DD
                    '96 240SX- The Track Toy

Comment

Originally posted by Matt93SE View Post
                      Good work! how's the hood clearance and whatnot?
                      is about 1.5 maybe more inches

http://i345.photobucket.com/albums/p.../flange2-1.jpg
                      Last edited by pash; 08-26-2009, 07:23 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X