Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone have anymore information on these front knuckles?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone have anymore information on these front knuckles?

GP SPORTS SUPER KNUCKLE Kit

A user from Australia posted them on NICO

Asking him for more information I got this:

"As much as I know they are the second best items on the market being made from a mould and not cut and shut like other knuckles that are out there. Mine have a 20mm spacer built in to lower the Roll Centre. Ill get better steering agility and lock over all. Ill post heaps of picks when the time comes when im installing them etc."

I will obviously do more research on them, but I'm hoping someone else has more information to share.

Tanks you're the bomb.

Have a look at Freshalloy. There is a review on there.

Comment

http://www.rhdjapan.com/jdm/GP-Sport...-Silvia-60346#

Comment

Oh. Another knuckle for drifting huh?

Comment

Shorter steering arm = change in ackerman.... fine for drifting, but I wouldn't mess with it for a racecar.

Comment

didnt mmdb have a thread on here in the roll center thread about this? He tracks his car both road race/autox... he had good success with it. Correct me if im wrong.
            "hexa-dodecahedron-triple-threaded-super-eleventy-way-adjustment-spec" dampers. -Def

Comment

Originally posted by AceInHole View Post
              Shorter steering arm = change in ackerman.... fine for drifting, but I wouldn't mess with it for a racecar.
              I'm with you!

Comment

Originally posted by Bumnah View Post
                I'm with you!
                I have 'em on my car... yeah... worries me bout the ackerman change. Though the car feels very responsive during a turn etc... it'd probably be best to modify the front knuckles (take a look at my post in the roll center thread).

Comment

Originally posted by AceInHole View Post
                  It could change the Ackerman wrt steering angle change due to the steering arm change, but if the angle the same on the knuckle, wouldn't it be "very close?"
                  '18 Chevrolet Volt - Electric fun hatch for DD duty!

DefSport Koni Sleeve and Spring Perch Buy!!!
                  http://www.nissanroadracing.com/showthread.php?t=5902

Comment

there is companies in the us making knuckles too now. cheaper and good customer support.

check with ma motorsports, they have the awesometron5000 knuckles. (best name ever)

Comment

lmao is that a joke
                      "hexa-dodecahedron-triple-threaded-super-eleventy-way-adjustment-spec" dampers. -Def

Comment

Uh these seem hardcore drifting oriented no?:

http://teamptero.wordpress.com/2008/...st-entry-test/

Screw this, I want R32 GTS-T front knuckles/suspension and geoff's doublewishbone front suspension conversion.

Comment

I've spoken to Brian @ MA motorsports previously. Those arms are geared towards drifting for sure.

I was hoping the knuckles addressed more roll center than anything else.

I'm keeping my knuckles stock.
                          Last edited by Bumnah; 07-22-2009, 07:44 AM.

Comment

Yeah the MA knuckles only change the steering angle, they do not affect the roll center at all (which is why his car is so high off the ground, haha).

Comment

I wonder what bump is like with these knuckles compared to stock? Anyone checked yet?

Comment

Working...
                              X