Z32 inners and outers on S14?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Z32 inners and outers on S14?

So I read that Z32 inners and outers work on S14, and I bought some. They're long enough, so no problems there. The outers are a little odd though. The taper appears to be fatter on the Z32, but the same pitch. They only sit about halfway into the spindle, where the S14's would have about 50% more depth. Anyone run a full Z32 setup?

Also, the Z32's have about 1/2" of drop to them, effectively becoming a bumpsteer compensation. Front view is almost perfectly aligned with the LCA BJ now.
    She's built like a Steakhouse, but she handles like a Bistro.

Is this the lower control arm ball joint your talking about? Where it bolts up to the upright?

GTRs use a little spacer to spread the load on the aluminum uprights, as seen in this picture, if this is even what your talking about

Comment

I think he's talking about the tie rods.

Comment

According to my recollections of conversations with Kuah, the S and Z chassis use different taper/diameters.. Assuming you're talking about the front tie rods..
        Originally posted by SoSideways
        I don't care what color they are as long as they are LONG AND HARD.
        '04 G35 Sedan 6MT- The DD
        '96 240SX- The Track Toy

Comment

Yeah it was tie rods. After doing some test fitting and measuring, it looks like the tapers are the same but the initial diameter on the Z32 part is wider. This results in less than half of the contact area (penetration into the spindle) as the stock S14 part. Under steering load, it would have been really easy for this to wallow out, I think. So I just went an bought SPL V5 tie rod ends for those Z32 inners that were already mounted. Great kit, by the way. Very impressive rod end with enormous ball!

Now I just need to go correct 10 threads on Nico and Zilvia that say it "works". Stupid false info.
          She's built like a Steakhouse, but she handles like a Bistro.

Comment

Epic fail

Comment

Comment

I have spare tein z32 inners fs
                Check out my all wheel drive altima blog

http://awdu13.wordpress.com

- Billy

Comment

Originally posted by Epstein View Post
                  Yeah it was tie rods. After doing some test fitting and measuring, it looks like the tapers are the same but the initial diameter on the Z32 part is wider. This results in less than half of the contact area (penetration into the spindle) as the stock S14 part. Under steering load, it would have been really easy for this to wallow out, I think. So I just went an bought SPL V5 tie rod ends for those Z32 inners that were already mounted. Great kit, by the way. Very impressive rod end with enormous ball!

Now I just need to go correct 10 threads on Nico and Zilvia that say it "works". Stupid false info.
                  It works if you ream out the hole using the proper sized reamer.
                  http://www.xkut-reamers.com/servlet/StoreFront
                  These guys sell it for about $75 bucks.
                  www.trivalleyautomotive.com

Comment

Working...
                  X