rotflcopter zilvia: Godspeed LCAs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rotflcopter zilvia: Godspeed LCAs

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/godspeed-240sx-s13-s14-front-rear-lower-control-arm_W0QQitemZ380120753248QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotors _Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories?hash=item380120753248 &_trksid=p4506.c0.m245&_trkparms=72%3A1205|65%3A12 |39%3A1|240%3A1318

399$ for front and rear ikeya formula rip off LCAs.

What's next... an SR20DET by Godspeed for 500USD lol
    "hexa-dodecahedron-triple-threaded-super-eleventy-way-adjustment-spec" dampers. -Def

5yr warranty? hmm...

Comment

If you could swap out the rod ends I don't think it'll be a bad way to start off.

Only issue is, the spherical bearing that makes up the ball joint seem to be non-replaceable....
      http://sosideways.wordpress.com/

Comment

They look just like the Battle Version ones, which are copies of the Ikeya units.

Comment

All of that is besides the point, I somehow just don't feel safe running them lol.
          "hexa-dodecahedron-triple-threaded-super-eleventy-way-adjustment-spec" dampers. -Def

Comment

^ I'm sure a lot of us don't feel comfortable driving our cars with those on, but the fact is, if nobody's car has wrecked due to those exact arms failing on their car, thus causing a wreck, those arms are technically safe.

The spherical bearings and rod ends on those might not last a year, but those who buy those should know ahead, going into the auction and buying them, that the rod ends and spherical bearings are pretty much complete crap, so it shouldn't be a surprise to anyone.

Comment

For $400 they may be worth it. I would disassemble them and strip the paint so that I could inspect the welds first, but that isn't a big deal. Replacing all those rod ends and spherical bearings won't be cheap, but it would still be significantly less then even just the FLCA's from ikeya formula. I am just worried that the rod ends/bearings will be metric and not easy, or cheap, to source here in the US. Most of the cheapie arms are metric. As for being worried about them breaking, that is kinda silly. As long as all the welds are good they'll be fine. The tubing diameter and bearing specs are more then the loads that the suspension sees really needs. They will probably flex a little tiny bit more then some arms made of quality materials, but that is about it and is not a big deal.

Truth be told, NONE of the LCA's that I have seen available out there are very good other then the ikeya formula ones. They are pretty much all re-sold china stuff, even SPL. As a matter of fact battle version NEVER sold ANY s-chasis lower control arms under the battle version nameplate. Look on their website and you won't find any mention of them. Alex re-sold some chinese stuff to his customers, probably just to have a complete line-up of arms available, and his customers are the ones that market them as battle version.
              Last edited by racepar1; 05-01-2009, 11:44 AM.
              function > form
              1990 240sx fastback: IN PROGRESS

Comment

That is true they were called orange-tree

Comment

Originally posted by racepar1 View Post
                  As a matter of fact battle version NEVER sold ANY s-chasis lower control arms under the battle version nameplate. Look on their website and you won't find any mention of them. Alex re-sold some chinese stuff to his customers, probably just to have a complete line-up of arms available, and his customers are the ones that market them as battle version.
                  I talked to Alex about 2 weeks back, they rebadged TC Sportline arms for a while, which are knock-offs of Ikea arms of course.

The great part is that they don't even support these older parts, to bad since I was looking for some replacement king pins for the BV RLCA's that I just got. And from what I'm seeing TC Sportline doesn't give a rats ass about customer support either

Ahmed - This was before the Orange Tree name badging I believe.
                  -Monty

Comment

Maybe we should get a head count together and see how many people would pay a certain amount of money to buy quality versions of these arms, and see if Bill from DSG would be kind enough to make a few sets for people on here?

I know he made his own arms when he was first building his 240RS Maxi, so he might still have the jig for them?

Comment

I'm working on some, but it's taking me a while to get all the parts together...
                      Between rides...unless you count a WD21...

Comment

Originally posted by McCoy View Post
                        I talked to Alex about 2 weeks back, they rebadged TC Sportline arms for a while, which are knock-offs of Ikea arms of course.

The great part is that they don't even support these older parts, to bad since I was looking for some replacement king pins for the BV RLCA's that I just got. And from what I'm seeing TC Sportline doesn't give a rats ass about customer support either

It is my understanding from when I talked to Alex that those LCA's were never re-badged or marketed as BV by BV. It was his customers that marketed them as BV. If that is the case I do not blame Alex for not providing support for that product as he never marketed them as BV in the first place. You should be bitching about the people he sold them to selling them as something they weren't. If my understanding is incorrect then you have a legitamate gripe. SPL re-sells stuff too, but they provide 100% support for anything that they sell under the SPL nameplate, which is how it SHOULD be.
                        function > form
                        1990 240sx fastback: IN PROGRESS

Comment

Originally posted by racepar1 View Post
                          It is my understanding from when I talked to Alex that those LCA's were never re-badged or marketed as BV by BV. It was his customers that marketed them as BV. If that is the case I do not blame Alex for not providing support for that product as he never marketed them as BV in the first place.
                          I just reread the email from him... yeah he did state that it was his sellers renaming them BV. I'm not upset with Alex one bit... was just hoping he had an inside line to where I could get some replacement parts at.

You should be bitching about the people he sold them to selling them as something they weren't. If my understanding is incorrect then you have a legitamate gripe.
                          I bought used, so I don't see this as an option for me. I do have a gripe with TC Sportline ignoring the 4-5 emails I've sent to them asking for costs on replacement parts.
                          -Monty

Comment

Originally posted by McCoy View Post

McCoy,

If you've got the BV RLCAs, can you take some measurements of some pieces for sourcing possible replacements?

Mainly OD/ID of the spherical bearings(are they held in with a circlip?), ID/OD of the outboard spherical bearing along with thread dia and pitch of the angled holder(I'm assuming it's a spherical bearing vs. a custom rod end), plus OD of shank would be nice.

Also is the roll center adjustable with these things? Looks like just one big spacer? Any extra thread to space it down even more?
                            '18 Chevrolet Volt - Electric fun hatch for DD duty!

DefSport Koni Sleeve and Spring Perch Buy!!!
                            http://www.nissanroadracing.com/showthread.php?t=5902

Comment

Damn it! Those BV lower arms are becoming a freakin' nightmare at this point!

Comment

Working...
                              X